Hayter Engineering assisted the City of Blossom in obtaining a Texas Parks & Wildlife Department - Recreational Trails grant. This grant was combined with local donations to fund this project.
This extension fo the NE Texas Trail connects to the Prairiland Trail (Reno to Blossom) from County Road 13200 on the west side, through downtown Blossom to the east side of South Bois D 'Arc Street, a distance of approximately 1.5 miles. The trail uses the abandoned Northeast Texas railroad corridor which is adjacent to US 82 in Lamar County, Texas.
The Blossom Trail is part of a Trail Master Plan that extends west to the Trail de Paris in Paris, Texas, and will in the future extend west to Farmsville, Texas which is approximately 75 miles from the City of Pris. The future NE Trail east of Blossom will extend to New Boston, Texas.
- 10,514 SY of 1 3/4 inch asphalt wearing surface, Type D, 12 feet wide with prime coat
- 82 SY of 4 inch asphalt driveway wearing surface, Type D; 12,358 SY of cement stabilized subbase, 6 inches deep
- 193 ton of cement material 6 inches deep
- 7,934 LF of centerline striping; 102 LF of 2 feet wide crosswalk striping
- 29 SY of 8 inch concrete drive crossing
- 36 LF of 10 inch CGMP culverts (2 each at 18 LF)
- Application for Finance
- Preliminary Engineering
- Environmental Assessment
- Design Surveys
- Easements/ROW permits Design
- Plans & Specifications
- Construction Bid & Award
- Construction Review
- Materials Testing
- Warranty Review